Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Back to School Goals


I have been thinking a lot about how I will make next year enjoyable for both myself and my students.  When I saw this linky on iHeartRecess I decided to link up and set some back to school goals.

 
Personal: I plan to leave work at 3:30.  This will give me time to cook a healthy meal, exercise, and beat the heavy traffic.

Organization: I have a horrible habit of losing things, I am always asking my students to help find things around the room.  Hopefully by returning things where they belong we won’t have to go on so many treasure hunts!

Planning: Spend less time chatting and more time in my room planning during the school day (so I can leave on time).  I know this will be hard because I’ll miss my former teammates and it will be SO tempting to visit with them when I can.  My new room should help because it is out of the way, so I’ll just stay locked inside.  

Professional: This program has taken up much of my free time for the last year and a half, I can’t wait until I am finished!  

Students:  When I have a lot going on I get anxious and tend to be less patient.  I want to focus on being patient with them so they feel free to make mistakes and try new and challenging things.

Motto: This is for both me and my students.  I want us all to be willing to take risk, admit what we don’t know, and ask for help.  Most importantly to try our best!  

Hopefully writing these goals will remind me to stick to them this school year! Check out iHeartRecess to link up and read some goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment