Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Teacher Week: Classroom Tour (Tuesday)

Today is Day 2 of Teacher Week 2013!  I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin again.  I get so many great ideas from peeking into other teachers classrooms.

Unfortunately, I don't have much to share today.  Last year I put my "heart and soul into decorating the classroom." The quotations are there for a reason, that is exactly what my principal said when he told me I had to move rooms this year.  HA!  His comment has made me laugh as I think about preparing the room this year.  Still can't figure out why he said it during this conversation. 

Last year I went in for two weeks prior to school to paint and decorate in an attempt to create a classroom that I knew the kids would love and would lead to the best instruction.  Last year when I finished my room I knew it was absolutely perfect and I would probably keep it that way next year.  Well, next year is here and I am in a different room and have no idea where to begin.  Going from perfect to the unknown is HARD, but such is life!

Although that may have seemed like a pity party, I promise it wasn't.  The point of this is to say that in an effort not to get stressed out and overwhelmed, I haven't been in my room.  I have been creating things at home, but can't wrap my brain around where to begin for this year.  We go back on Monday, so I'll figure it out then.  I'm sure it will be nice and I will probably even gain a lot of ideas from looking at others who decide to join this blog hop! I'm actually a little excited because even though I probably would have left everything the same, I function better with changes.  So I get to be creative and fresh again this year!

Since I can't give you a tour of the classroom for this year, I'll let you see a picture of my room from last year.  I only have a few pictures of the room and they were all taken from the corner by the doorway.  This is all I can offer, but hope you enjoy.  Just for a little background the colors were red, black and white (our school colors) and polka dots.



Now you link up or check out other classrooms here!


4 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of that classroom carpet!!! That better get to travel with you to your new room! :)

    Kim
    Carried Away in... K!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a love/hate relationship when it comes to change :) I feel your excitement of creating something fresh and new and wish you the best of luck with it all!!

    XO, Kelly Anne
    Appleslices4th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the carpet too, but sadly it is being stored at home! My second year of teaching I saved up my summer money to buy that carpet convincing myself it would last for a big chunk of my career. I didn't think the carpet was appropriate for 4th graders. If I'm wrong let me know, because I would LOVE to bring it back.

    PS: The room is smaller and I have more students so those were other reasons not to put it in the room this year!

    ReplyDelete