Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Teacher Week: Let's Talk About Me (Monday)

Today begins Teacher Week 2013!  I'm going to link up with Blog Hoppin.  They are hosting an awesome link up! I don't know about you but I love reading about all my favorite bloggers.

Here are the topics for this week!



Okay...now on with the show!

 

1. I am a worrier.  It makes me feel better to say I over think everything, but honestly that's just another word for worrying.  Believe me I try not to, but it's nearly an impossible task.  Lately I have been trying to focus on Matthew 6:25-34.  I have it posted everywhere so when I find myself worrying I read those verses.  I don't see any progress, but I'll keep trying until I get there!

2. I am a questioner.  I ask tons of questions and have realized people don't like to be questioned!  I have learned to keep most of my questions to myself, unless I am truly confused or I am around my true friends!  Ha!  It's just easier with friends, they don't get offended and understand that questioning helps me understand.  Understanding helps me make informed decisions and do my best.
 
3. I enjoy driving.  It takes me about 45 minutes to drive to work.  I love this time in the car to thinking about school.  In the afternoon I am thinking about how the day went.  I feel less frazzled and since I have used my car time to problem solve I can usually relax about school things once I am home.

4. I love baked goods and baking.  I do love to eat them, but I also think baked goods just look way too cute and pretty not to be appreciated.

Photo: Homemade carrot cake for Easter!
This is the first carrot cake I made and the first cake I decorated. I am better at decorating cupcakes.  It didn't really matter how it looked...it was delicious!
5. I usually have very little space on my DVR.  I record so many shows, but never have enough time to watch them.  I usually delete 70% of what I record.

6. I'm obsessed with purses!  I love shoes, makeup, jewelry, and clothes, but there's just something about a purse that makes me smile!
I had been searching for a blue purse for awhile before falling in love with this beauty!
7. I love to talk, but talk very little unless I am comfortable with you.  Most people think I am quiet and reserved.  The true me usually comes out when I realize I can trust the people around me.  My family and friends definitely see the talkative, silly, loud, crazy, and yes even the grumpy sides of me.

8. I achieved National Board certification a few years ago.  The hardest and most rewarding professional development of my life!  

9. I love all things blue. 

10.  I am horrified of talking in front of large groups unless they are young children.  Younger children are just so much more accepting in my book!

WOW...didn't realize how much that was!  Head over to Blog Hoppin' to read about other teacher bloggers! 



1 comment:

  1. I misread #1 - that you were a 'warrior'. Lol! Cute blue purse!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete